Tuesday, February 1, 2011

dirty words

Well. I don't exactly know how to say this & to be perfectly honest I am not totally sure why I am sharing this....except that I know it's a nugget of information I will want to remember later on down the road.

My baby is a cusser.

I don't understand it.

We are not cussers - in fact the words that come out of her mouth make me cringe - I don't hear these words on a regular basis. Ever since I left college I would say that this type of language has not been something I am around very often.

And yet....my 2 year old drops the F bomb.

Whenever we are driving down the road & we see a firetruck.....there it is.

Or just a truck.

Or if she wants a fork at dinner.

Or when she wants me to help her put her shirt on - we get another choice word.
Even when we pass church she says it - and I really do not get that one.

It's embarrassing.

And innocent, I know, but still.

So....... we are dramatically phonetic around here.

Ta-ruck. Ta-ruck.

Fork is still a hard one. But we are all over it.

I don't notice her leaving certain letters out of other words, but that's probably because any other word that her 2 year old self can't quite spit out correctly is not grabbing my attention quite as much as these do.

So if you see us out & you hear her profanity yelled excitedly as the firetrucks drive past....don't judge. Know that we are as bothered as you are about thie situation.

And we are wide open for suggestions.

3 comments:

Ashleigh said...

we have that SAME fork trouble at our house! And we eat way to much "ass" cream... if you think about it, ice cream REALLY IS ass cream.. maybe I shouldn't correct her.

Megan said...

We had the same problem with Henry over the summer! To this day I can vividly recall him standing in our front yard pointing and yelling at the top of his lungs, "(TR)UUUUCCCKKKK!" at the fire truck across the road... and Luke copying him. Aaagony.

Anne Genevieve said...

is it awful that i just think this is hilarious. i mean, sweet annie - this soft spoken, gentle, angelic, petite little thing - and she cusses. i don't think you need to worry until it's intentional. or she starts dropping the f-bomb in sunday school. that's when it will become less hysterical and slightly more tragic. but still funny.