Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Friends

One of my favorite movies is You've Got Mail. It's my all time favorite pop-it-in-when-you-need-background-company movie. A line in the movie when Kathleen Kelley is emailing with Joe Fox is "I like to start my emails as if we're in the middle of a conversation" or something like that. I feel that way, too! Me & Meg....we're so alike.
Have no idea why i shared that as it has nothing to do with why I started typing this post to begin with....so I'll move on.
I have this friend. An amazing friend who knows me - good, bad & ugly. She can call me on the carpet for things & I actually just appreciate it. I don't have to clean my house for her. I see things all the time that I know she would love. She knows me & I know her. We lived together when we got our first jobs far away from home, we shared a car, a bank account & a 1 bedroom apartment. It really is amazing that we still even talk. As we've gotten older the way we spend time together has changed....rather than "going out" we crave just sitting in & visiting. My family went to Mississippi to see her & her family this weekend & I saw the friendship that she & I have come through in our children. It was incredible & so much fun to watch. My little girl instantly "knew" her little boy. It took no time & they were in the back yard spraying the hose at one another. For me, it was emotional. More so than with her other little friends. I really felt like I was seeing another dimension of my friendship with my friend growing in our children. It sounds crazy.

It was a wonderful wonderful weekend.


They glued these to their faces. GLUE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful wonderful weekend!! We loved having ya'll. I just really think that if they don't get married it will be really sad! I get the biggest smile on my face when I look at the picture with their arms open so wide for BIG HUGS!!!