Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year!

Every January my husband looks at his goals that he set the year before to see how he did. He's into Excel & lists & all sorts of things that I'm not so into....so I have given him a hard time about it. He has encouraged me from the beginning to join him in this....to no avail. Until this year. This year he pulled out his goals & said, "in 2006 i worked out this many ___ days & in 2007 I worked out this many ___ days! And in 2006 I read this many books & in 2007 I read twice as many books!" and so on..... I was a bit envious. I couldn't account for anything. Well, that's not totally true. I did give birth to a human being & I feel pretty accomplished there. But I don't foresee any babies being born (to me) in 2008 & want something to show for a whole year. Maybe I should set goals like "In 2007 I changed this many diapers & in 2008 I canged THIS many diapers!"

So I've done it. I've set some goals & I'm really excited about. I feel more empowered than I have in years past where I was depriving myself of something. This year I'm doing something. Moving forward. Very excited.

And so....to what was accomplshed in 2007 .....and to what will be accomplished in 2008!
Happy New year......again.

No comments: