Wednesday, October 14, 2009

spunky girl

We spent this past weekend at the beach with some friends. Lee's best friends from high school actually. I don't think i have ever been around all 4 of them at the same time & i must say it's not difficult to imagine being in middle school with them. Friendships like that are fun. We had a blast as you can probably tell from the little jig she appears to be dancing on the beach.
It has been interesting to watch their personalities develop (my children, that is). And there are parts of who they are that I see more clearly simply because of the presence of the other 2. Each brings to light something from the others that I may not have gotten to see without the others. I have heard that said about married couples......there's another part of your spouse that you "meet" & get to know when children are brought into the fold. I would say that's very true. I know & love Lee differently & deeper because of the parts of who he is coming out with the birth of & growing up of each child. And each child reflects back something unique. We each have a relationship with each child that is unique. Anyway, that big girl....she's spunky. And she's quick. Her thinking amazes me & scares me. She easily can be several steps ahead of me. She deeply desires to please....that makes me nervous. I don't ever want her growing up believing that our love, or more importantly, that the love of God is conditional....and it's so hard to communicate that when there are certainly consequences for things like knocking her brother to the ground. She apparently doesn't have the desire to "please" her brother :).
There's one thing for sure - I am being refined in this process of motherhood. Patience, understanding......everyday those are my biggest prayers. And am able to remind myself as I remind my kids daily- we have a God who longs for us to call for help. We will never ever get it right......so thank goodness for Jesus.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anne Genevieve said...

d - you are the best! i love you, i love lee, i love le, i love bo and i love annie! i'm so grateful y'all are in my lives!!! you have brought me more joy than you may ever know :)