Saturday, October 25, 2008

Trader Joe's

Okey Dokey, a new Trader Joe's just opened near my house & I could not be more excited. Now, I don't buy all of my groceries there....but there are things that I could/would never buy at my local grocery store that I will gobble up when I walk through the doors of that fantastic Trader Joe's - like bags of toasted almonds & pumpkin seeds & dried fruit - (my kids love dried fruit) & their bagged salad with dried cherries & spiced pecans & chocolate covered graham crackers WHICH i think me & the girl polished off in the car on the way home. It just seems like it must be good for you coming from that place for some reason. They were giving out samples, which I'm always up for....even the big girl was up for trying PORK TENDERLOIN & ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES - I mean seriously, can you beat that??
But the highlight sample of the day was a wheat chip with honey goat cheese.......
oh. my. goodness. My kid & I fought over scraping the little dixie cup clean with our fingers. I won & it was worth it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh man...must.go.tomorrow. I knew it opened this weekend, just didn't make it there..need that goat cheese thing though!!!

The O'Brien Family said...

I LOVE TRADER JOE's!!! Unfortunately, I think the city size has to be like a million in order to get one...not sure MS even has a million :)