Thursday, July 30, 2009

fantasy or reality?

So, I am in the middle of a great book. The kind of book you think about when you're not reading it & only wishing you were reading it. The kind of book that you stay up to the wee hours of the morning just to get a few more pages into it. The kind of book you truly feel you are a part of. And a friend who has finished the book a while back talks with that grief you feel when a good book ends. And we were talking about it on the phone the other day & it hit me.....she knows how the story ends. This story that is so presently alive for me has come to completion for her, and for many others I assume. But how is it possible that something so very real to me right now could already be over?? These trials that this person I am reading about have in actuality already been resolved?? And yet it is so.

And pondering this strange thought process today reminded me that I have heard this before in a different context. In the context of my very own life. This story that I am in the midst of, these decisions that I may be struggling over......have in fact been decided. My story has been seen in completion. And the fears & worries I feel in the present all have a purpose in the end. And I can't see it, because I am caught up in the middle of this book.

Now, I am off to finish this book.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What book? I'm in the middle of the Twilight Series and feeling that SAME way!!! And great analogy - good thoughts! Thanks! I'm off to read myself. =)