Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5

No way.
I can't believe I missed the big happy birthday on the blog post for the little man in our family.
He turned 5 like a professional.
Like he's done it before.
He has been looking forward to being 5 since he realized that he could turn 5.
It was a big weekend for the kid & super duper busy.
But in the craziness of it all, he really just wanted to eat at his favorite mexican restaurant.
Wish granted buddy.
Because, well, it's our favorite mexican restaurant too.
Granddaddy came in town & gave lots of presents.
You had your 1st ever baseball game.
We brought a new pinterest tradition into our family involving balloon popping with money inside & your sisters treated you like a king.
And you wear royalty well.

I am crazy about you.
I cannot believe you're 5 & so tall.
I love the hilarious things that come out of your mouth.
I love that your name means "gracious" & that that is a word that I would easily use to describe who you are at your core.
I love that you try to answer really hard theological questions with, "What letter does it start with?"
For example, "Did Jesus really have to die on the cross?"
You: "oooo!  I know!  ..... what letter does it start with?"
I love that I can check on you in the middle of the night, kiss your check & in your sleep you will say, "I love you, mom"
You are a special kid & I cannot believe that I get to be your mom.
Seriously!?  I love being with you in these days.
And we're going to rock the 5 thing out.  
It's going to be awesome.





3 comments:

Nancy C said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Big Bo!

Anonymous said...

Help Davis! Pls call me. We switched internet and I ordered a sign. I am at 6789835944 thanks. It is for baby chancelor!

Anonymous said...

Eek wrong # it is 678 993 5944. Thank you. Nancy