Sunday, May 8, 2011

Calvin

I've been a bad blogger recently.....and there's a chance I won't be much better for a little while. I'm needing to speak my voice into this little flock under my feet for right now & not so much anywhere else. But this just needed to be shared.
Maybe the most impactful words of this story for me were, "the love from the people seeing me as a human saying, 'good mornin' sir, excuse me, sir'....." broke my heart. Tears started streaming down my face this morning when we heard Calvin's story. The words 'excuse me, sir'....meant that people actually treated him as a human.
I don't even know what to think about that......that anyone feels like they are not human.
It just breaks my heart.
But an incredible story of redemption. True redemption. Love is what the Gospel is all about. Love....and seeing people through God's lenses....all people......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing and inspiring story - an example to us all. thank you for sharing!

The Flukers said...

Love that!