Monday, September 20, 2010

10 lbs heavier.....

...and I think it was worth it.
Once upon a time there was this apple pie.
I heard about this apple pie a lot.
My friend Caroline would stare off from time to time & say, "do you remember that apple pie...."
And I would remind her that I WASN'T THERE FOR THE APPLE PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was envious of the people who had tasted this particular apple pie.
So when my little girl & her classmates returned from a field trip to an apple orchard with a bag full o apples....I thought it high time I tried this apple pie recipe.

And I must say......
It was worth the wait.
I saw that our little family had finished 1/2 of it soon after it came out of the oven & I thought to myself...."apple pie will make a perfect breakfast for tomorrow morning!" Healthier than other things I make for breakfast on a regular basis....pancakes with syrup??? How is that a good way to start the day? I've never understood it...and yet i feel good about myself when I put forth the effort to feed it to my family.
Weird.

But instead we decided to finish it off before the sun went down.
It. was. amazing.
And we had bagels & cream cheese for breakfast.


So there it is.....my very first apple pie.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hmm...perhaps said pie needs to make an appearance at the neighborhood get together this week?? =)

Ashleigh said...

Perhaps the pie should tell us her recipe?? looks fantastic. not that I have time for pie making.