Thursday, February 14, 2013

love = patience

OK.  I am not a huge fan of Valentine's Day.

There.
I said it.
Confession is good for the soul.

But I do enjoy me some crafty time. 
And I enjoy all the love that comes with Valentine's day.
I just don't love the commercialization of it all.
And I am certain that I don't stand alone in that.
Plus, I hate standing in line.
Does that speak a little to my need to grow in my humility??
Probably. 
So making it a priority to try to have a dinner out on a day like this.....well, it just stresses me out a tad.
But like I said....construction paper & glue & what have you.  I do enjoy.
And these particular little valentine makers did a fantastic job!  
Don't cha think!


And so we carved out time that wasn't in the budget to sit still & create these little wonders to recognize a day focused on love.  
It was a nice practice in 'love is patient'...
When I choose to see God for who He is I can't help but be amazed.
Patience.
Something that is tough for me.
Sitting still is not my forte.
Waiting is not my favorite.
But for a child to create a valentine for one of the very first times in their lives, ever.....takes time.
It takes patience.

He is at work in me.
And He's been patient.
And so I will do my best to remember that I probably do not work as quickly as He would like me to sometimes.   
And I probably don''t do it exactly right the major majority of the time.
But the process.....
The process is perfect.
And the process.
It takes patience.


2 comments:

Bagwell's said...

beautiful little creations. your handmade valentines and your heart. i'm so enjoying experiencing these little lessons God is showing you through your role as a mother. it's the best material!

Bagwell's said...

beautiful little creations. your handmade valentines and your heart. i'm so enjoying experiencing these little lessons God is showing you through your role as a mother. it's the best material!